[Melbourne-pm] How to build a local module repository

David Dick ddick at aapt.net.au
Tue Jun 3 04:45:16 PDT 2008

Toby Corkindale wrote:

> Does the Windows installer handle dependencies yet?

Certainly not in a rpm/dpkg type fashion where you can request version X
of a library, an smtp server and postgresql v8.2.1.  I believe, although
i haven't done it myself, that you can include the entire dependency
_inside_ the package and specify it to be installed only if it doesn't
already exist.  But since there is no real central repository for
windows packages, not really surprising.
> (I should really try out Vista or Server 2008 one of these days to see
> how things are going..)

Haven't seen anything that would excite anyone with Vista.  The changing
permissions/roles with Vista has provided frustrations, but no
excitement. :)