[Melbourne-pm] perl error message

Guy Morton guy at alchemy.com.au
Tue Aug 19 14:46:25 PDT 2008

Apache is telling you what the problem is - it can't find the file.
You need to find out from the apache config file where its document
root is and make sure the file is in the path you are asking for.

Sometimes Apache comes pre-configured with a special path where it
expects you to put CGI scripts. If that's the case it's probably
easier to use their settings to start with. Look for a ScriptAlias
directive.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/mod_alias.html#scriptalias

You will also need to ensure that ExecCGI is on for the path that your
file is in. If that is not set but your file is in the right place you
will see a Forbidden error page, so that's not the cause of your
current problem.

I had a very quick Google - this page might help you

http://www.thesitewizard.com/archive/addcgitoapache.shtml

Guy