[Melbourne-pm] perl error message

John Thornton jdthornton at ozemail.com.au
Tue Aug 19 06:59:57 PDT 2008

       When I try to put the perl script hello world! into the browser I get
this:

      Not Found

The requested URL /cgi-bin/hello.cgi was not found on this server.

  [the top of the creen has the 404 NotFound - Mozilla message]

     Now, this might need some explanation: although hello.pl had worked for
testing my script on the windows start and run command line, according to
the VTC tutorial I had to put in a .cgi suffix as above to get it to work in
a browser, and add some other code to my script. I did all of this as the
tutorial asked, at least as far as I know.

      John