[Melbourne-pm] OSDC registration system and junk email [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Timothy Hunt T.Hunt at bom.gov.au
Sun Sep 23 19:25:26 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-24 at 09:34 +1000, Rick Measham wrote:
> Did anyone else get spammed about some
> "World Universities Forum, Davos, Switzerland, 31 January to 2 February
> 2008 - Call for Papers"??

Yes. To an address that is not internet-visible (google doesn't know
about it, anyway...).

 It has a reply-to of Common Ground Support <support
+U08 at commonground.com.au>, a bounce and errors-to of
bounces at commonground.com.au, and is the first piece of unsolicited mail
that I have received here in 15 months.

And I have *not* registered for OSDC this year (2007). I registered for
last year (2006) from this address and the first one from a previous
employer.

Luckily, I quickly mailed the sender telling him that I wasn't
interested.
--
Tim Hunt <tim.hunt at bom.gov.au>
Australian Bureau of Meteorology