[Melbourne-pm] OSDC registration system and junk email (was: Registration for OSDC 2007 finally open)

Ben Balbo ben at benbalbo.com
Sat Sep 22 21:05:10 PDT 2007

Hi list,

Rick Measham wrote:
> Just today I've started getting spam from these people that OSDC uses
> for their registration system. I guess because we use it for OSDC
> registrations, they feel they have a pre-existing business relationship
> and so can send us their junk?

I just wanted to let you know that I am working with Rick to confirm
this issue. Rick has confirmed that the junk email didn't appear to
originate from CG Publisher's mail servers, and at present it seems that
Rick's email address is publicly available, according to Google, on 493+
pages. I can't find any public pages on Common Ground's sites with his
email address.

I hope this alleviates any concerns you might have. In order to avoid
traffic on this list regarding this issue, I will assume that Rick was
genuinely mistaken in attributing the junk mail to CG, but will provide
updates if any information to the contrary is discovered.

Cheers
Ben Balbo