[Melbourne-pm] asking your server for hardware details
geoff.crompton at strategicdata.com.au
Wed Nov 1 22:07:45 PST 2006
Do people know of any handy CPAN modules that help in working out
hardware details, for systems programming?
I'm writing a script that will answer the following sort of questions,
to build up a catalog of information about our servers:
* how many hard drives does it have (non raid)
* does it have a raid controller
* how many hard drives are on the raid controller does it have
* how many optical drives, and what sorts
* how many floppy disk drives
We run Debian and windows, so something that is cross platform is better.
I've already found Sys::CPU, Sys::Hostname::FQDN. And I've found some
modules that do network stuff, but they didn't give me what I needed, so
I rolled my own, parsing ifconfig output.
Perhaps someone has a more general answer? My goal is a YAML output
hash, so I can integrate it with other stuff.
Debian System Administrator
+61 3 9340 9000
More information about the Melbourne-pm