[Melbourne-pm] Perl T-Shirts

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Mon Jul 10 04:34:34 PDT 2006

On 09/07/2006, at 13:31, Andrew Savige wrote:

> --- Scott Penrose wrote:
>> In case you are interested in getting an order together for T-Shirts
>>
>> http://omaha.pm.org/shirts.shtml
>
> As described here:
>
>  http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/oreilly/perl/usage/
>
> O'Reilly have a trademark on the use of a camel in association with
> Perl. To comply, the T-shirt (and the web page advertising it) must
> at least contain something like:
>
>  The use of a camel image in association with the Perl language
>  is a trademark of O'Reilly Media Inc. Used with permission.
>
> Avoiding this copyright business is one reason why Portland Perl
> Mongers
> chose a design without a camel for their 2006 T-shirts:
>
>  http://scratchcomputing.com/tmp/final_mockup.png

Hi Andrew,

Firstly - O'Reilly has yet to refuse any perl group using the camel -
they are good custodians, you need someone to protect things like
that - of course I would be happier if it was the Perl Foundation :-)

However... this is a world wide effort - not just Melbourne :-) And
is being done with blessing.