[Melbourne-pm] Apache Cache

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Mon Jul 3 19:18:22 PDT 2006

Hey Dudes

I need to cache some thumbnails in a mod perl Apache module.

The way that most systems seem to do it on CPAN is to use a "."
directory in the same location, or some other top root directory via
configuration.

However it occurs to me with Cache::Cache, and other cache systems -
and things like Apache::Cache, and lots of cache abilities built into
top level apache etc etc - that there might be a better way.

Unfortunately Apache::Cache is a shared memory cache for memory
between calls - which is not really much help for thumbnails (too
much data). I could just do a directory cache, but then if someone
wanted to move to Memcached (for example) that might make it harder.

Anyone any experience in this?

Ta dudes

Scooter
--
* - *  http://www.osdc.com.au - Open Source Developers Conference * - *
Scott Penrose
scottp at dd.com.au

Dismaimer: Open sauce usually ends up never coming out (of the bottle).

Please do not send me Word or PowerPoint attachments.

Microsoft is not the answer. It's the question. And the answer is no.