[Melbourne-pm] AGM 2006

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Sat Apr 1 17:47:06 PST 2006

On 02/04/2006, at 11:09, Ben Marsh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Exactly how is someone classed as a member for the purposes of
> nominating people and voting in a potential ballot?

Anyone can join Perl Mongers Association, and vote. But we decided
that you do not need to be a member to do everything part of Perl
Mongers. ie: We made it so the only reason to be a member is to vote
and be a part of the committee, but that the committee and
association would run for any member joining the email list and
coming to the meetings.

That being said however, due to the laws of associations, you do have
to be a paying member to vote and nominate for committee.

To join it is a simple form (attached, also available as part of the
standard association rules) and pay the $10. Simon Taylor is
Secretary and keeps the forms for record, and Brad Dean is treasurer,
so he will take your money :-)

> I know I asked this a while ago but I cant find the answer.  I think a
> member is someone that pays a small membership fee ($10) (which I
> havent
> paid but would like to be a member).

No problem, welcome aboard, bring the sheet next month.

(that goes for anyone)

Thanks

Scooter

(P.S. This bounced the first time coz the PDF was too big, so I put
on an HTML file)