[Melbourne-pm] Perl garbage collection behaviour

Sisyphus sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Aug 25 05:31:23 PDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Penrose" <scottp at dd.com.au>

> Hmm... weird. I posted this yesterday morning, wonder why it only just
came through... oh well I will have to ask the list manager - oh
> damn, that's me!

Not that I'm much good on headers, but I notice on the original email in
question:

 id 1931B17EB7; Wed, 24 Aug 2005 16:41:57 +1000 (EST)

Does that mean that it takes 5 hours 4 minutes and 41 seconds for
adm4-mta.dd.dd.lms.net.au to send an email to itself ?

Anyway, I'm sure the problem is because of the PGP encryption.

Are you aware that, for us MS Outlook Express users, such PGP-encrypted
emails turn up as empty emails with attachments ? ... and that, because "us
MS Outlook Express users" are too fearful to allow attachments, we have to
go Tools->Options->Security, then de-select "Do not allow attachments to be
saved or opened that could potentially be a virus", then do Apply-> OK, then
double click on the attachment, then select "Open it" ...... (coming up for
air) ..... in order to read your emails/attachments ?

(Wellllllll ... of course, we don't have to select "Open it" .... we could
accept the default of "Save to disk", and follow that with an anti-virus
scan of the saved file .... and then, only if our anti-virus scan has
determined that everything is safe, actually open up the file that contains
your dastardly evil words :-)

Then again, I see "Microsoft is not the answer. It's the question. And the
answer is no." .... so I guess you're *really* distressed by all of this

Aaaaaaaaahhh ... MS Windows is such an adventure .......

Cheers,
Rob