[Melbourne-pm] [JOB] HTML::Mason/perl/OOP/mod_perl/SQL programmer for Monash University

Nathan Bailey Nathan.Bailey at its.monash.edu
Thu Aug 26 01:36:54 CDT 2004

Monash University does a large amount of perl development from
enterprise-level applications through to small-scale projects.  Within
the IT division, the FLT program have 10-15 perl developers working on
maintenance, enhancements and the development of new and innovative
systems ranging across Administration, Research, Learning and Teaching
and the Community.  Services are provided to both staff and students,
with over 65,000 people regularly using FLT systems each month.

Applications typically integrate with enterprise systems such as SAP
HR/Finance, Endeavor Voyager, InterWoven TeamSite, WebCT Vista and the
SunOne Messaging suite (LDAP, IMAP, WCAP, etc.).  We also develop
leading-edge internal solutions to issues such as billing/ecommerce,
workflow, committee support, etc.

ITS have a strong commitment to open standards and run almost all our
web services on Apache-based Linux servers in a multi-server 'farm'
configuration.  FLT run Oracle on Solaris at the backend for
maintaining state, configuration and other information.

We are seeking a motivated team player with demonstrated ability in
both procedural and object-oriented Perl, to design and develop
innovative and rigorous solutions within an enterprise-wide, dynamic,
database-backed web application environment.

Essential attributes include expertise in Perl, and Unix
(Linux/Solaris), project management and interpersonal skills.
Knowledge of HTML::Mason and SQL (Oracle 9i) is highly regarded.

Further information is available from:
	http://sssd.adm.monash.edu.au/employ/job.asp?refnumber=G045242
(I apologise for the MS Word document and if a PDF version is required,
please request one from Kate or myself).

re,
Nathan Bailey                        * Email: Nathan.Bailey at its.monash.edu
Manager, Flexible Learning and Teaching Program, Application Services,
Information Technology Services      * Phone: +61 3 990 54741
Monash University 3800     Australia * Fax: +61 3 990 53024