spams

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Sun Oct 5 18:49:15 CDT 2003

On Saturday, Oct 4, 2003, at 01:39 Australia/Melbourne, Timothy S.
Nelson wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Scott Penrose wrote:
>>
>> We have not had a chance to implement / review it yet - and I would be
>> VERY glad for anyone to take this on - but we were planning to
>> implement Spam Assassin and start logging archives of the list to our
>> site.
>>
>> This should not be hard. We have SSH access to the server and the
>> maintainer of the server is very cool about adding code etc.
>> But I am uncertain to the actual way we must get this done, I don't
>> even know how it can be hooked in (maybe it is just a
>
> 	We run spamassassin at work.  I see they use Postfix -- we use
> courier-mta.  What mailing list software do they use.
>
> 	Basically, at work, we pass all e-mails through SpamAssassin.  Each
> person's .spamassassin file lets them control at what level the spam is
> filtered (or would if we gave them access to the mail server :o) ).
> Then if
> they want their spam filtered, we use a simple script which basically
> says
>
> if(X-Spam-Status = /Yes/) {
> 	Filter to "Maildir/.Spam"
> }
>
> 	Or something like that.
>
> 	:)

Unfortunately that is not the problem. I personally already run
SpamAssassin and know how to do it.

The problem is that we do not run the pm.org server. That is run by a
guy in the US.

So what I am looking at - is how do we run SpamAssassin through the US
server ?

We need internal knowledge of pm.org setup, which at this stage I can't
get.

Scott
- --
Scott Penrose
VP in charge of Pancakes
http://linux.dd.com.au/
scottp at dd.com.au

Dismaimer: If you receive this email in error - please eat it
immediately to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands.

Please do not send me Word or PowerPoint attachments.