Melb.PM to see Lord of the Nerdlab

Daniel Walmsley Daniel at landmarksoftware.com.au
Sun Jan 5 21:52:57 CST 2003

Seen it - as has most of humanity.

May I humbly suggest the following? :

Spirited Away: Nova, 7.40pm 10.05pm
A neat-o cartoon from someone allegedly famous.

Donny Darko: Nova, 9.35pm
Awesome teen psychological flick set in the 80's. Worth it for the
soundtrack alone.

Bowling for Columbine: Kino, Melbourne 7.15pm 9.30pm; Nova, Carlton
7.20pm 9.40pm
I've seen it, but would gladly watch it again. Laugh out loud, cry out
loud edu-docu-comedy from one of America's fattest and hairiest
entertainers.

Die Another Day: Village at Crown Gold Class, Southbank
9.45pm
Switch your brain off.

Y Tu Mama Tambien: Lumiere, Melbourne
9.10pm
Don't let the name fool you. It's not just arthouse, it's a film about
two teen root-rats competing for the affections of a wise old female
root-rat. But heck, it's in Spanish, which means we can merrily throw
political correctness out the window.

Anyhoo, these are the ones I would see. Out of these, I've already seen
Donny Darko and Bowling for Columbine.

And heck, there's nothing stopping us from deciding on the spur of the
moment, eh?

Cheers buckos,
Dan