Interesting. Perl Meetup

Tony Smith ts at meme.com.au
Thu Sep 5 23:42:44 CDT 2002

>What I find interesting is to see that there is already three
>locations  chosen in Perl Meetup which means people must be joining.

I've been to both the first two Melbourne Slashdot Meetups. There are
more signed up for Slashdot in Melbourne than they are claiming for
Perl in the whole world, which is sad and I suspect not an entirely
accurate reflection of the respective target audiences.

It also appears that the Meetup crew are slow learners, especially
when it comes to anything outside the US. They have still listed
Bliss as one of the three choices for Perl a couple of months after
the Slashdot crew discovered that Bliss doesn't open its doors till
8:30 ... not much use for a strangely American 7:00 pm start.

>If nothing else we should attend to tell everyone about Perl Mongers :-)

And maybe more than "everybody", seeing as this sample of one who
would like to have stayed more involved with Perl Mongers somehow
managed to gain the impression that MelbournePM had disappeared for
the last year of so.

>Anyone want to come ?

I'm game for almost anything. Sometimes the less the better.

--
Tony Smith
Developer