CSS manipulation

Nathan Bailey Nathan.Bailey at its.monash.edu
Mon Oct 28 22:03:39 CST 2002

Scott Penrose <scottp at dd.com.au> wrote:
>so that we can do this inheritance and output a single highly
>optimised output file ?

What is your intention for optimisation?  For ease of management, or
improved browser speed?  Presumably, with every browser having a
different CSS engine, their parsing is optimised in different ways too
-- can you be sure that your summarisation will actually improve
performance, or may it slow it down?

I would suspect the later, since the parser will only have to deal with
each object once in a "flat" format, but will have to deal with objects
multiple times in an "inherited" format.  However, I have never looked
at a CSS parser's code :-)