CSS manipulation

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Mon Oct 28 21:20:38 CST 2002

CSS in some browsers is not very well supported, especially the
inheritance from multiple style sheets. There is also the consideration
that a single file is faster to load.

However in development, I don't wish to manipulate too many of these, I
want to edit my files along the lines of

	P {
		text-align: left;
	}

But a CSS in one style can inherit from the default.

Default is something like this...

	TD {
		text-align: left;
	}

	P {
		text-align: right;
		width: 80%;
	}

What I would like is a program that can grab the files and do something
clever along the lines of...

P,TD {text-align: left;}
P {width: 80%;}

It has grouped the common elements together.

Does anyone know of any modules out there that will do a good job of
reading and parsing to a sensible structure a CSS file, so that we can
do this inheritance and output a single highly optimised output file ?

Scott Penrose
Welcome to the Digital Dimension
http://www.dd.com.au/
scottp at dd.com.au

Dismaimer: Contents of this mail and signature are bound to change
randomly. Whilst every attempt has been made to control said
randomness, the author wishes to remain blameless for the number of
eggs that damn chicken laid. Oh and I don't want to hear about
butterflies either.