Linux and wireless Installfest

Graeme Cross gcross at alphalink.com.au
Fri Oct 18 05:33:37 CDT 2002

Thought this might be of interest to people on the list: if you are interested
in getting into Linux and/or wireless technologies...

The Linux Users of Victoria will be holding their seventh Linux Installfest
on Saturday, November 23, 2002.

An Installfest is an event to which you bring your computer and we help you
install Linux, or assist you with the configuration of your existing Linux
system. We will be supporting a wide range of Linux distributions, including
Debian, Red Hat, Mandrake, SuSe and Gentoo.

There will be demonstrations of Linux running a variety of software and
presentations on what Linux is, so if you're curious about Linux this is
your chance to experience it first-hand.

Installfest 2002 will be held at Strathcona Baptist Girls Grammar School,
Claremont Crescent, Canterbury (Melway map reference 46 D12) between 10am
and 4pm.

For more information, and registration details, visit the Installfest 2002
 web pages at:

	http://www.luv.asn.au/installfest2002/register.php3

In addition, Melbourne Wireless will be joining us to have their first
wireless installfest and antenna field day. For more information, visit the
Melbourne Wireless website at http://www.wireless.org.au/wiki/?installfest.

--
Graeme Cross <gcross at alphalink.com.au>