(Off-topic) Laugh. (PHP-HOWTO)

Paul Fenwick pjf at perltraining.com.au
Tue Jul 9 19:17:02 CDT 2002

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 09:39:02AM +1000, Jacinta Richardson wrote:
> Reading the PHP How-to (http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/PHP-HOWTO-1.html) I just
> had to share the following snippets with you:

I'm sorry, but this has to have been written by crackpots or as a joke.
Following the link at the top to the latest revision one obtains an
excellent Linux-advocacy page, with interesting snippets such as:

	Linux is the "greatest SUPER POWER" in the world which "annexed"
	each and every country in the world!!

Of course, what would linux advocacy be without a discussion of
astrophysics?

	We live in Milkyway galaxy and our neighbouring galaxy is
	Andromeda (a very big guy) and this big hungry guy Andromeda
	already swallowed many galaxies and now wants to swallow our
	Milkyway galaxy!! Our galaxy Milkyway will become a LUNCH
	for Andromeda.

	What are you?  answer: You are a "ghost" of carbon, oxygen,
	hydrogen and other atoms.  You are a ghost because all of these
	atoms of carbon, oxygen and other elements were not there at all!!
	You are a 100% ghost of carbon atoms, nothing is real, everything
	is just like a virtual illusion created.  You are a ghost of
	carbon atoms and you call the persons of the other Universes
	as ghosts!

It then immediately launches into trying to sell a book on PostgreSQL.
I love it.  :)

See you all tonight,

	Paul

--