[mnw.pm] YAPC Anyone?

David H. Adler dha at panix.com
Wed May 12 01:45:08 CDT 1999

On Tue, May 11, 1999 at 08:45:19PM -0400, Adam Turoff wrote:
> The problem at tpc2.0 was that there were many interesting presentations
> scheduled concurrently.

I, in fact, seem to remember several people thinking that whoever put
the schedule together should be shot... Oh, wait, that may have been
my last SF con... Actually, I think it was both...

> The problem with tpc3.0 is that there are many interesting perl presentations
> scheduled concurrently, conflicting with really interesting (apache|python|
> linux|tcl|sendmail) presentations.

Hm.... You've actually seen a schedule?  Lucky you.  :-)  If this is
true, then it is kinda too bad.  Hm.  :-|

> What we really need is tpc3.0 scheduled over two weeks in the Bahamas.
> No conflicts.  If you're bored, you know where to find the beaches and
> the bars.  If you're a total geek, you don't have to see the sun at all.

Hey, there's always Perl Whirl 2000... :-)

--
David H. Adler - <dha at panix.com> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/
I didn't jump.  I took a tiny step and the conclusions were right