[mnw.pm] YAPC Anyone?

Adam Turoff ziggy at panix.com
Tue May 11 19:45:19 CDT 1999

lisa wrote:
> Yes, TPC has traditionally been expensive.  Atleast this year the other
> session options are available.  I plan on attending most of the Apache
> sessions this year.

The problem at tpc1.0 was that there were some good presentations, but they
could have expanded the coverage a little.

The problem at tpc2.0 was that there were many interesting presentations
scheduled concurrently.  Stretching it out to a third day would have been
more worthwhile.  It made sense to go with two or three colleagues.

The problem with tpc3.0 is that there are many interesting perl presentations
scheduled concurrently, conflicting with really interesting (apache|python|
linux|tcl|sendmail) presentations.  It makes sense to go with five or
six colleagues.  If I wanted to go to Usenix, I'd go in June, not August.

What we really need is tpc3.0 scheduled over two weeks in the Bahamas.
No conflicts.  If you're bored, you know where to find the beaches and
the bars.  If you're a total geek, you don't have to see the sun at all.

Z.