[LA.pm] advice about contracting

Peter Scott peter at psdt.com
Mon May 25 20:26:14 PDT 2015

On 5/25/15 8:16 PM, Mark Hedges wrote:

> Right, I'd be a W-2 employee of a contracting agency.  No benefits.
> The agency takes like 35-45% of the income.

Is this a job or indentured servitude?  Are you required to shop at a
company store?

I've had an intermediate contractor that I subbed through to avoid
dealing with onerous paperwork from the prime.  Not an employer, but
yours doesn't sound much like one either. They skimmed 10% for the
service of turning a monthly invoice into a check.  I thought that was
excessive.