[LA.pm] Perl October Meeting - Next Wednesay! Speakers wanted!

Buddy Burden barefootcoder at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 16:05:48 PDT 2014

Theron,

> Last meeting, Andrew spoke on "Computer Science for the self-taught
> hacker/engineer".
>
> Perhaps I could follow this up with a real-world example: how I used
> some ideas from computer science and math (gasp!) in a long-term project
> I worked on for a linguistics professor, speeding up his Perl code
> considerably at each code iteration over the course of 4+ years.
>
> So it would be a mix of code, history, a tiny bit of linguistics, and
> modest bragging.

I would love to hear that.  Although, Wednesdays are tough for me to
make these days.  I wonder how people feel about Thursdays ... not this
month, of course, but just checking the mood of the group for a change
of weekday.

And/or, if there's any way to record the talk this month, that'd be
awesome! :-)

		-- Buddy