[LA.pm] Perl October Meeting - Next Wednesay! Speakers wanted!

Theron Stanford shixilun at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 12:08:14 PDT 2014

Last meeting, Andrew spoke on "Computer Science for the self-taught
hacker/engineer".

Perhaps I could follow this up with a real-world example: how I used some
ideas from computer science and math (gasp!) in a long-term project I
worked on for a linguistics professor, speeding up his Perl code
considerably at each code iteration over the course of 4+ years.

So it would be a mix of code, history, a tiny bit of linguistics, and
modest bragging.