[LA.pm] A Stranger Arrives in Town. Point Him to the Bar.

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Sun Jul 15 14:40:27 PDT 2012

On 7/13/12 5:45 PM, Ryan Olson wrote:
> I'm available Thursday and Friday, and know of several good options
> for beer in the area.
>
> Father's Office (Santa Monica and Culver City locations, Culver City
> is a bit bigger and might be easier to get seating)
> http://www.yelp.com/biz/fathers-office-santa-monica
> http://www.yelp.com/biz/fathers-office-los-angeles
>
> The Surly Goat in West Hollywood doesn't open until 6
> http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-surly-goat-west-hollywood
>
> Steingarten has a great beer selection, but mediocre food and service
> can be spotty
> Has the advantage that it'll be on the quieter side, probably.
> http://www.yelp.com/biz/steingarten-los-angeles
>
> I'm sure there are other options, but those are what I know in my neck
> of the woods.

Thanks for the Yelp links.  I looked up those provided here and also
searched for the joints named in other posts.

Other things being equal, I'd prefer "Noise Level: Average" to "Noise
Level: Loud".  That would make Steingarten, Rush Street Culver City and
the Daily Pint preferable to Father's Office.  But I concede that those
Yelp reviews can be misleading.

I will pencil in Thursday 6:00-7:00 as a start time for an event in
either Santa Monica, Culver City or West LA.  If there's anyone in la.pm
who is the PiCoESM (Person in Charge of Emergency Social Meetings) who
wants to contact me off list to figure out arrangements, that would be
good.  I'll be flying into LAX tomorrow but be up the coast until,
probably Thursday morning.  I look forward to meeting you all!

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan