[LA.pm] OT: Visiting California with family

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Sat Feb 12 13:08:40 PST 2011

Hi Gabor,

On Saturday 12 Feb 2011 22:54:08 Gabor Szabo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope you will forgive me for the off-topic question.
>
> My family (kids 9 and 13, my wife and myself)
> are planning to visit California in April. Besides the "obvious" places
> such as Disney Land, Seaworld, Universal Studio, the San Diego Zoo
> and "near by" Grand Canyon I would be happy to get some
> recommendations. What might be interesting for kids at that age?
> Please take in account that they hardly know any English.

well, in addition to what people here will say, maybe you'd also want to visit
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yosemite_National_Park as well as
San Fransisco, which is a very nice town (for some big values of town) and I
was told it's very geeky. I remember being there as a child and it was really
great. You didn't mention those, and they seem pretty "obvious" but I hope
it's OK. Have fun!

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish (who, like Gabor, is also living in Israel, and has not
been to California for a long time)