[Lexington-pm] ping

Rich Bowen rbowen at rcbowen.com
Fri Oct 2 12:37:06 PDT 2009

I've been a PHP programmer for the last almost five years. It was easy
going that direction (Perl -> PHP) because the syntax is very similar.
Frustrations of missing syntax I wanted, but nothing major new to
learn. Coming back (PHP -> Perl) is much more frustrating, because of
all the bad habits I've learned, and the sheer volume of built-in
functions in PHP. In Perl, there's CPAN. In PHP, there's a built-in
function for it.

Been back at Perl for about a month, and feeling competent again.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen at rcbowen.com