LPM: Feb meeting

Mike Andrews mandrews at bit0.com
Sat Jan 22 00:23:04 CST 2000

I think I'm one of the people that accidently brought up your dislike of
CGI.pm in the first place.  At the time I was looking for an alternative
to cgi-lib.pl, which sucks badly in a number of ways.  All I really wanted
was an easy way to suck all the form variables into a hash...  and CGI.pm
was really overkill for just that.

What I ended up finding was something called CGI_Lite....

use CGI_Lite;
my $cgi = new CGI_Lite;
my %formvars = $cgi->parse_form_data;

and that pretty much does everything I need.  The rest I do by hand by
just printing raw HTML (and the Content-Type header).

I don't even know what else CGI_Lite is capable of aside from that, but I
could dig that up in time for the meeting I'm sure. :)

Mike Andrews (MA12) * mandrews at dcr.net * http://www.bit0.com/
VP, sysadmin, & network guy, Digital Crescent Inc, Frankfort KY
Internet services for Frankfort, Lawrenceburg, Owenton, Shelbyville
"Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things."