[kw-pm] November Meeting: "TPM Tools night" (Thursday, Nov 30, 2006)

Michael Graham magog at the-wire.com
Mon Nov 27 11:04:55 PST 2006

For the Toronto Perl Mongers November meeting (Thursday, Nov 30,
2006), we'll be having a "tools night":  a night where we can all share
our favourite tips and tricks that we use to get our work done (whether
it's related to Perl or not).

Short (5 minutes) presentations are welcome, but you don't need to do a
presentation to share your tips and tricks.

Some topics/tools that will be demonstrated and/or presented:
    * Selenium             (javascript web testing system)
    * App::Ack             (a better grep for source code)
    * Fuse                 (filesystem in userspace)
    * Krusader             (Norton Commander for the 21st century)
    * devilspie and wmctrl (window manager tools)
    * various Vim macros

And don't forget to bring your own!

Some ideas:
    * favourite editor shortcuts or macros
    * window manager tricks
    * version control tools
    * command line tools
    * text processing tools
    * useful perl modules
    * other useful software
    * testing tools

If you've already decided on what you're going to present, please
contact me off-list, and I'll add you to the agenda.

Venue Details:

(This info is also on the Toronto Perl Mongers site: http://to.pm.org/)