[Kc] Loading files from the current working directory

Luke Patterson lukewpatterson at gmail.com
Fri May 18 10:09:16 PDT 2012

Thanks, everyone.

Your answers gave me confidence that it "should have worked" and that there
wasn't any fundamental concept I needed to learn wrt Perl's relationship
with the cwd.

So, I dug around long enough to see that it was most likely a
permissions/configuration issue with my perlbrew install.

I think it was because I using/installing perlbrew with root and then
trying to run a script as user.  Something like that.

All looks good now, though!

I am using Chef's <http://www.opscode.com/chef/> perlbrew
cook<http://community.opscode.com/cookbooks/perlbrew> to
provision my Vagrant box with a Perl of my choosing, and also install
mymeta-requires<http://www.dagolden.com/index.php/1528/five-ways-to-install-modules-prereqs-by-hand/>.
 I can then use mymeta-requires to read in my
META.json<http://blogs.perl.org/users/david_cantrell/2012/05/cpandeps-now-understands-metajson-files.html>file
to pipe over to cpanm.  Now I have a nice declarative file to keep all
my script dependencies in.

Thanks again, have a great Friday.

Luke