[Kc] on messy code and technical debt

Andrew Moore amoore at mooresystems.com
Fri Sep 4 12:30:01 PDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Andy Lester<andy at petdance.com> wrote:
> I could not disagree with him more, but that's not surprising. :-)
>
> http://www.media-landscape.com/yapc/2006-06-26.AndyLester/

Andy -

I attended that talk of yours and found it incredibly motivating.
Thanks again for giving it!

I don't really care if the stuff you were describing is called
"Technical Debt" or goes by some other name. I began actively working
to get rid of it in all my projects and am glad I did. It "feels" like
debt in that accumulating more of it is really easy and tempting and
may temporarily buy me some speed or benefit, but I have to pay
interest to it while doing new work or during maintenance. I like the
analogy.

I don't recall you striking that Hitler-esque pose, though!

-Andy