[Kc] structured procrastination with Net::Twitter::Lite

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 20:10:12 PST 2009

anyone else using Net::Twitter? I have just succeeded in engineering
@HankSwap's robots to my satisfaction, including autofollow and a
periodic keyword-search-and-follow and periodic unfollow of those
followed who do not return follow.

I'm not really certain what the time frames for these things should
be, nor what the limits on automatic following based on automated
search should be, and as I understand it nobody else is either, yet.

Specifically, once my robot ("dieselshovel.pl") has unfollowed a
twitter account that did not return follow, that account ID will not
be followed again even if it re-appears in the search results, to not
be an annoyance: my question is, how long should these don't-follow
listings be maintained? Currently I'm not clearing them. A year?

--
"In the case of an infinite collection, the question of the existence
of a choice function is problematic"