[Kc] Fwd: Startup Weekend KC - April 24th - 26th

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Thu Feb 26 06:37:29 PST 2009

I thought some of you might be interested. Went to an Omaha one a
couple weeks ago that was pretty good.

------------------
From: Darby Frey <darby at electricshoes.com>
Date: February 20, 2009 9:40:42 AM CST
To: Darby Frey <darbyfrey at gmail.com>
Subject: Startup Weekend KC - April 24th - 26th

Hey Dudes,

Have you ever heard of Startup Weekend before?  If not, there is more
info at the end of this message.

Okay, so it sounds pretty cool, right?  Well, I'm part of the group
that's running the KC event this year, and I thought I'd pass along
the info so you guys don't miss it.  I've been to two of these now
(Indianapolis and Seattle) and it's definitely one of the best events
I've ever been to.

Anyway, here's the details:

Starts - Friday, April 24th @ 6pm
Ends - Sunday, April 26th @ 9pm
Cost - $40 (includes most meals, coffee, redbull, beer, etc.)

The majority of the weekend will be at Enterprise Center of Johnson
County, 8527 Bluejacket St, Lenexa, KS 66214, and the Sunday night
presentations will be at the Kauffman Foundation.  You can get more
details and maps here - http://kansascity.startupweekend.com/

So, check it out and let me know if you have any questions,

--
Darby Frey
Electricshoes
darby at electricshoes.com
@darbyfrey

Startup Weekend is a 54-hour weekend marathon bringing together
coders, designers, marketing, biz dev, legal and managers together to
plan, build and demo a company over a single weekend.  Its an
entrepreneurial event unlike any other 'conference' you've been too
before....in other cities, attendees walk out with new ideas,
contacts, contracts, and some, even a new company. Come to
StartupWeekend.
So why should you attend StartUp Weekend?

It's an experience unlike any conference you've attended before.
Over the course of a single weekend, you get to take time out from
your current venture/business and practice building a new one.  Think
of it like time off the field.

Many ventures fail on Monday morning, but that's okay, because that's
not the point. The point is, you learn new skills, processes, coding
frameworks, legal jargon, business practices, spread sheet programs,
etc that you can bring back to your current venture.  Startup Weekend
is a weekend warrior event where anything goes, and practice is
implied.  You're not judged (unless you judge) and learning is
paramount.

People who attend the weekend stay in touch, hire each other and form
new ventures as a result of  'colliding' for 54 hours.  Its an
awesome three days of networking, team building, coding, business
planning and pitching (with some added cocktails and food).

What do you have to loose? Register today, we're only accepting the
first 75 people..

Website: http://kansascity.startupweekend.com

Twitter: @kcsw

Flyer: http://kansascity.startupweekend.com/wp-content/uploads/
2009/02/kansascitystartupweekendflyer.pdf

Press in Other Cities:

http://www.boston.com/business/globe/articles/
2007/10/29/3_days_to_reality/

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=796474574&play=1