[Kc] Why Corporates Hate Perl

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 16:23:07 PDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 2:06 PM, Scott Kahler <scott.kahler at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been reading a lot of language debates recently and I find it
> interesting that more and more often I read how certain languages are
> being or not being marketed well. Is this just my perception or are
> other people seeing this too?

As mousetrap syndrome, that is, the expectation that after you succeed
in producing something of quality the wheels will magically start
turning for you, gains mindshare as a real problem, I expect we will
see more.

The continuing grumblings about how ECMAscript is such a powerful and
flexible language but nobody knows it certainly fit this trend.