[Kc] Perl Noob

Andrew Moore amoore at mooresystems.com
Tue Sep 18 10:45:31 PDT 2007

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 12:17:19PM -0500, Emmanuel Mejias wrote:
> Hey all, I joined the group to get some Perl knowledge, but I don't see much
> going back 'n forth. Is this group for advance perl users? Or can I get more
> info.

Welcome, Emmanual!

The group is open to everyone interested in perl. It's a pretty
low-traffic list, and the group doesn't have very large meetings when
we do get together. I do think, though, that there's pretty useful
information here when a specific question comes up. So, please feel
free to ask whatever you like.

Some other good places to go might be:

http://www.perl.org/docs.html for some "intro" stuff
http://perldoc.perl.org/ for documentation on core modules
http://perl101.org/ a newish introductory documentation site
http://search.cpan.org/ to find out about additional modules
http://use.perl.org/ a popular perl community
http://www.perlmonks.org/ a bit more advanced perl community
http://perlbuzz.com/ a newish perl news site

Welcome, and I hope you enjoy using perl!

-Andy