[Kc] Executing third party tools using CGI/Perl

Andrew Moore amoore at mooresystems.com
Tue Jan 17 18:42:28 PST 2006

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 08:25:59PM -0600, user perl wrote:
> How do I execute svm_classify now? By the
> way, I'm writing this script on a file server, so do I have to give the
> actual path which is something like "/.automount/..." instead of "/home/..."
> ?

Your approach seems right. You should be able to execute other things
with "system" or qx() or backticks. You may find some benefit from
testing for the existance of the files (both executables and data
files) before you try to use them. Be verbose in your script, and
don't forget to check the apache error logs.

Finally, I bet that if you post a code example that you'll get some
help on it. I'll hop on IRC with you if it would help.

-Andy