[Kc] Book Review: Perl & XML

Doug Sparling sparling at uclick.com
Mon Aug 25 17:33:07 CDT 2003

Quoting Doug Ledbetter <dougl at dougledbetter.org>:

> Hello all,
>
>          I appreciated Garrett's honest review of the
> O'Reilly Perl & XML
> book.  Being new to XML myself, I might have been
> tempted to purchase this
> book.  Instead, I turn to you for help.  ;)

If you want to buy a Perl/XML book, I found "XML and Perl" by Mark Riehl and Ilya Sterin (Sams) to be pretty good. However, most modules come with good docs...

>          I was wondering if anybody (everbody?) could
> recommend a
> particular Perl XML module.  I'm new to XML and want
> to do a small project
> where I read in a simple well-formed (and maybe even
> valid) XML
> document.

You said simple, right? :) You might try XML::Simple. I've used XML::Parser and XML::DOM as well, but XML::Simple may be a good place to start.

--
doug sparling - uclick
sparling at uclick.com/816.300.6595