[Jax.PM] Web Masq ?

J Proctor jproctor at marlboro.edu
Mon Feb 3 21:19:20 CST 2003

> I have established an SSL connection with the WebServices, but I want to
> display the original pages and then scrape and resubmit the input fields.
>
> The "public" site is at https://artemis.fccj.edu/
>
> Any insight (or even a go to hell) would prove more enlightening :)

Go to hell.

Er, uh, this shouldn't be very difficult.  The trick is munging the source
HTML so your script is in place as the form action.  Because I'm far too
lazy to gook at the original (on a friend's computer while I'm out of
town at O'Reilly Biocon in San Diego, to be specific), I'm going to
speculate you can probably do this with a fairly simple regex.

my $orig = some_secure_get_get_function( 'artemis.fccj.edu' );

$orig =~ s{action="/cgi-bin/chew_on_form.cgi"}
          {action="/local/my-redirection.cgi"};

print $orig;

Then your redirection script also has to make the secure connection.