[Jax.PM] MySQL ?

Steve Lane sml at zfx.com
Thu Oct 17 09:39:28 CDT 2002

"William C (Bill) Jones" wrote:

> [a jax.PM member posting]
>
> What values would you give
>
> KEY_BUFFER=???
> TABLE_CACHE=???
> JOIN_BUFFER=???
> RECORD_BUFFER=???
> SORT_BUFFER=???
> MAX_CONNECTIONS=300
> TMP_TABLE_SIZE=???
>
> Knowing you have 6GB RAM 6GB Swap and want to handle 300 connections and be
> very very fast (heck, I got 4 CPUs dedicated to this :/  :)

just from experience, you'll probably gain more performance
by concentrating on your table design, and how to handle
expensive queries, and table locking, than from the variables.

but hell, if you have 6Gb, just pump up all those values.
300 connections is not really much, if the server is gonna
be active.  we handle ~200 connections with 1-1.5Gb with
no problems.
--
Steve Lane <sml at zfx.com>