[Jax.PM] Re: DocSet experience ?

William C. (Bill) Jones wcjones at fccj.edu
Sun Dec 15 10:07:41 CST 2002

While I haven't tried the Presentation parts - I did mess around
with the PS/PDF portions and found they didn't work too well.  Very
temperamental.

I have had zero problems with the html parts and will be writing a
CGI driven editor over the holidays;  I will have lots of time to
work on it as my teaching contract has more or less expired and I
will not be seeking another any time soon.

:)

On Friday, December 13, 2002, at 07:40  PM, James Tillman wrote:

> On Fri, 2002-10-18 at 15:47, William C (Bill) Jones wrote:
>> Hey :)
>>
>> This is the Jacksonville PM Leader; a while back you had
>> mentioned interest
>> in possibly sharing experience or collaborating on a DocSet project.
>>
>> Are you still interested?  I have been messing around with DocSet
>> a bit,
>> mainly at my own FCCJ Courseware Support site -
>>
>> http://cws.fccj.edu/
>>

>> I am basically to the point where I find myself wanting some type
>> of Editor
>> interface.   But before I start writing code and likely
>> reinventing the
>> wheel - I wanted to contact a few people and do some research.
>
> Bill:  Any progress on the editor for DocSet?  I was just wondering.
>
> I made a foray into DocSet a few weeks back when attempting to create a
> presentation, and found that the slides mode didn't work quite
> right for
> me.  I was probably doing something wrong, or perhaps it was the fact I
> was working on a Win32 system at work, instead of *nix.
>
> I hope things are going well for you.
>
> jpt

_ Bill -Sx- Jones  "iudicium ferat" ____________________
...Someday I'll look back on all this and laugh...
...until they sedate me...

Lead Courseware Support Analyst
(Lead e-Systems Developer)
FCCJ * ACID * CWS