[JaxPM] Group Project Annoucement

JONES, WILLIAM C wcjones at exchange.fccj.org
Tue May 1 09:56:46 CDT 2001

On the jacksonville-pm-list; Jax.PM'er "JONES, WILLIAM C" <wcjones at exchange.fccj.org> wrote -

 Re:  SOAPy - we have started a .NET initiative internally here.  I would
think that others will want to talk to .NET - plus I've read that M$ is
wanting/looking for a .NET to OSDN porter to help them...

Re:  Licenses - J's got a project to report back on  :)  You go J!
PS - I didn't mean to imply that what code people contribute didn't remain
in their possession, what I did mean was that the project has
co-author/ownership by definition.  We could incorporate and do the Apache
thing (or not and do the Perl thing?)  I'm willing to pay for incorporation
in the State of Florida unless someone knows of a better state?

What name should we call our project?  And, who are the founding members?

Re:  XML DTD - let's get the specs out first  :)

Re: #5, et al, I agree that the system should embrace current and emerging
standards.
But sometimes we need to stick to the basics...  How many here are hard core
Perl'ers?
PHP?  Apache API or mod_perl?  We may have a training route to travel first.

Over all I am game  :)  (PS - I will most likely do it anyways as I have
been trying to 'get started' on this for about a year now.)

-Sneex-  :]