[JaxPM] Require

Steve Lane sml at zfx.com
Fri Feb 9 12:46:33 CST 2001

On the jacksonville-pm-list; Jax.PM'er Steve Lane <sml at zfx.com> wrote -

if this is a short-term thing, i think require() is fine to use.
just put your subs in a file called "WHATEVER.pl" (replace WHATEVER
with a reasonable name, of course), add a "1;" statement at the
end of the file (both use() and require() need this), and in your
"driver" program, add:

  require 'WHATEVER.pl';

for a long-term solution, you should consider making a real module,
making it object-oriented if at all appropriate, using use(), and
possibly using Exporter if worthwhile.

feel free to ask if you want more info on making a module,
or type `perldoc perlmod` (actually, run that command and read
the doc before doing anything else).

--
Steve Lane <sml at zfx.com>