Hi.

j proctor jproctor at oit.umass.edu
Sat May 22 20:51:15 CDT 1999

On the Jax.PM jacksonville-pm-list;
j proctor <jproctor at oit.umass.edu> wrote -

> Actually, since you are about the only subscriber
> who has posted anything, not much is happening here.

Okay, everyone--it's time to wake up.  Sound off!

Everyone who's on this list sign in and let us know you're here.  Don't be
shy.  We won't bite.  Well, I won't.  I'm a thousand miles away.

Hi.  I'm j.  I do Perl, and I usually even get paid for it.  Cool, huh?

Currently, I'm the web guy for the Office of Information Technologies at
the University of Massachusetts.  Before you get any wild ideas, that
sounds bigger than it is--I run OIT's web server (www.oit.umass.edu/), but
I'm not associated with the web server that OIT runs for the rest of
campus (www.umass.edu/).  Go figure.  And if you think my site needs work,
you're right.  If you'll kindly tell me that by email, though, I can
collect user comments and help convince the powers that be. :)

> Not on this list.  Maybe I haven't advertised enough?

Offer a prize to the person that convinces the most other Perl-using (or
Perl-learning) people to participate.  Somethin' useful, like an O'Reilly
book.  Of course, you'll still have to define "participate", but at least
it's a start.  There are lots of good computery businesses (and a couple
of universities) around town.

> I'll have to start a massive spam campaign to
> remedy that :]

Ooh!  Ooh!  I'm sure I'll get another "make money fast by bulk email" spam
in the next couple weeks; I'll pass it on to you. :)

The Jacksonville Perl Monger's Group is operated by -
Bill -Sneex- Jones ( sneex at usa.net ),