[Hull-pm] Member recruiting.

Hull Perl Mongers hull-pm at pm.org
Fri Mar 17 05:25:44 PST 2006

On Friday 17 March 2006 1:18 pm, Hull Perl Mongers wrote:
> Hull Perl Mongers wrote:
> > So, any idea how we can recruit more members ?
>
> Well, maybe some people at the Hull LUG http://www.thisishull.net/ would
> be interested.  There's also http://www.beverley.lug.org.uk/.  I've
> never been to either of these but I bet there is at least a couple perly
> folks there.   And maybe there is a way to get some people from Hull
> Uni.   There might be a place to post messages at the comp-sci
> department or something.   Hmm, can't really think of anything else.
> Do you know of any business that run unix or perl?   I haven't run into
> any that use perl yet, but I'm somewhat new in the area (from the states).
I've been to the LUG a few times.. I was quite an active member at one point.

Last time I was there, there were no people who were enthusiastic about PERL.

It's a good idea about the comp-sci department at the Uni, but they are mainly
a Microsoft Shop as far as I Understand. But it's always worth a shot ! :)

There are a few businesses in Hull who are running PERL, Kingston
Communications for one, but again, it is difficult to find anybody with
enthusiasm for it.

> But i bet getting the website up would be a good starting point.  I
> presume the organizers of pm.org provide hosting space for hull.pm.org?
> I can provide that if needed.
pm.org provide CGI Hosting, with a MySQL Database. I also have space to host
hull.pm.org, so we have plenty of options there.

> Where in Hull were you thinking of having meetings?  I live in
> Elloughton so it really doesn't matter to me.
Somewhere central, and easy for everybody to get too. Preferably somewhere
with WiFi.

--
- BiSScuiTT