[pm-h] JSON web services server side starting hints

Michael R. Davis mrdvt92 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 30 07:38:48 PDT 2013

> If you are going to run Dancer, I'd suggest nginx. Apache is fine, but if
> you're passing the request off, it's better to have a lighter weight httpd
> (that also supports SSL) in front of it. For the PSGI server, I'd look at
> Starman (coupled potentially with Server::Starter for initialization).
> And it's really not unlike CGI::Application, just PSGI compliant and
> built for persistence.

I guess since we already have apache+cgi+authnz tested and in production against our system. I was hoping to simply add a simple CGI script add get all of that for free.  If I go too far out of the box, it would also require other teams to be involved.

But, I totally get that PSGI is the future for Perl web applications but unfortunately we are only about 20% Perl for our "Production" facing systems. .Net and C++ being the lion's share. On the flip side, the corporate facing systems are about 70% Perl.

Mike

mrdvt92