[pm-h] Time for the first "Houston.pm Beginners/Novices Hangout"

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Sat Oct 26 10:19:37 PDT 2013

For those people who are interested in the Introductory hangout/office
hours/mentoring/help session thing, I'm trying to come up with a good
time to try the first one.

The ideas I'm considering:

Length:
  1. 1 hour
  2. 1.5 hours
  3. 2 hours

Times:

  1. Lunch hour-ish (maybe 11:30-1:30)
     - Advantages
	a. Help for work projects easier
     	b. Doesn't impact people's evenings
     - Disadvantages
	a. Help for home projects is weirder
     	b. Some companies might object to using work time.
	c. May not want personal Google account on work computer

  2. Late afternoon/Early evening (maybe 5:00-7:00)
     - Advantages
	a. Partial overlap of work time, for work projects
     	b. Partial overlap of home time, for home projects
	c. Small impact on people's evenings
	d. Small impact on work time
     - Disadvantages
	a. Overlaps many peoples' commutes
     	b. Some companies might object to using work time.
	c. May not want personal Google account on work computer

  3. Evening (maybe 7:00-9:00)
     - Advantages
	a. Help for home projects is easier
	b. Minimal impact on work time
     - Disadvantages
	a. Significant impact on peoples' evening time
     	b. Potential issues getting help on work projects

Days:

  I'm thinking of picking a day next week or the one after to try this.
  Some input before I choose gives you a chance to help decide this.

  At the moment, I'm mostly considering weekdays. If anyone would
  prefer to do a weekend, speak up.

Thanks,
Be a good ancestor.                                   -- Jonas Salk