[pm-h] JSON web services server side starting hints

Michael R. Davis mrdvt92 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 25 09:38:29 PDT 2013

Perl Folks,
I need to set up JSON web services (server side) as a simple interface to an existing database infrastructure.  Can anyone recommend any building blocks, standards, etc.?

I'm going to write it in Perl and need to get it going in a few days.  If I don't get it up and running we are most likely going to implement it as .Net services

Goals
  - Must have authentication
    - I like Apache basic authentication but I see Google is doing signature-based.
  -  Must have both Read and Write services
     - I've never use Write JSON services. I think it's just a PUT with STDIN JSON data package
     - I guess reads are just GET URLs with a restful structure?  Any hints on how to organize them (fine grained vs. course grained)

How do you document for clients?  Is there a WSDL equivalent for JSON?

Any pointers would be helpful.
Thanks,
Mike