[pm-h] Introductory Perl Help

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Mon Oct 21 20:04:35 PDT 2013

One of the goals listed on our "About Houston.pm"
(http://houston.pm.org/about.html) page is "Provide help and mentoring
to local Perl programmers."

After talking with a few of the more inexperienced Perl programmers in
our group, I think we are falling down in this area.

For this reason, I'm going to be starting a regular session for
answering basic Perl and programming questions. I'd like to get some
input from those who need this help.

1. Would you be willing to get together for another monthly meeting for
mentoring and question answering?

2. Would you be willing to do a monthly remote session through
something like Google Hangouts, where you could get help?

3. Would you be more inclined to talk to a single person, or one of a
few experts?

4. Would you use this session regularly?

5. Would you use this session only when you run into a specific problem?

I really appreciate your time and input on this. Having mentored people
before and taught programming classes, I'm confident that we can make
this work.

Thanks for your time and help.
Understanding is a three-edged sword.      -- Kosh in "Deathwalker"