[pm-h] Installing perl modules

Mike Flannigan mikeflan at att.net
Fri Mar 29 10:06:58 PDT 2013

On 3/29/2013 11:46 AM, Fraser Baker wrote:
> I am interested in a general discussion about Perl innards,
> particularly the installation of modules. I use Windows and PPM to
> install modules. When I encounter a module that is not in PPM, I am
> stumped. It doesn't appear to be that difficult, but I don't
> understand what make is all about ... or even if I need to use that.
>
> Fraser

When something is not in PPM, I used to go here:
http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/
and could often find what I was looking for.

Unfortunately, that site appears to be down.
I think it was running fairly recently and
it may come back up - I'm not sure.

Here is another site that may help:
http://trouchelle.com/perl/ppmrepview.pl

Mike