[pm-h] Error 401 Authorization Required

Fraser Baker flbaker at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 15 06:26:45 PDT 2013

I am relatively unfamiliar with the inner workings of PERL. To get around the 401 error, I had to upgrade PERL. In doing so, Chart director stopped working and I had to upgrade that program.  I then learned that PERL upgrades are not backward compatible. I have some 20 modules installed, which I also updated to their latest releases. So, here is my question.

Are all the more than a thousand modules that folks write outdated when a new version of PERL is released?

Fraser