[pm-h] Fw: [pm_groups] Poll: What is the primary operating system you use for developing Perl applications?

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Sat Apr 24 13:22:40 PDT 2010

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 10:15:17 -0500
Todd Rinaldo <toddr at null.net> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 6:27 AM, Mike Flannigan <mikeflan at att.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > I did not vote, but interestingly I fall in the 0%
> > category since I use Win2000.
> >
> > I'm still going to make that move to Linux, but
> > it hasn't worked out for me yet.
> >

> I found that moving to OSX rather than a Linux distro quenched my UNIX
> thirst sufficiently, while cushioning my shock from: "What do you mean
> XXX isn't available on Linux???"

Yeah. But then you have to live with the whole Mac-thing.<grin/>

In all honesty, my move off Windows was accomplished despite not being
able to find several things in the Linux environment. Shortly after I
changed over, I found equivalents for everything I needed.

Never express yourself more clearly than you think.    -- Niels Bohr